6.17.2010

5 Jobs I Want But I Definitely CANNOT Have

. . . and why I cannot have them.

(And BTW, let's just pretend I have not talked about wanting jobs for the past few months, please? :>)

1. Trapeze Artist. They perform acrobatics while almost entirely suspended in the air. I cannot say what exactly in being a trapeze artist attracts me. Maybe because I'm not actually scared of heights. Or because being up there may just feel like flying. And you get to be a pretty flexible person, too. I think. :))

But here's the catch: I am an exceptionally physically-uncoordinated person. Meaning, I cannot make certain that my hand moves left when my brain says so. Or that I cannot even play table tennis because my body swerves the opposite way my eyes see. So being up on a trapeze, which means I need a perfect brain-body coordination, is like suicide.



2. Pastry Chef. Who does not love pastries? Well, I do. I really do. I am the type who gets
satisfied just by looking at photos of different kinds of pastries. Which means that I'm
definitely going to have the time of my life working for a pastry shop or even a small
bakery.

However, I'm scared of ovens. Really. Literally. Like, I cannot possibly touch one. Even
when it's not turned on. I work better with stoves, with fires, than with ovens. Don't ask me
why.



3. Private Investigator. As in Sherlock, and cameras, and crimes, and ballistics test, and
logical games. You get the picture. They, for some reason, thrill me. I would even give
anything just to be part of the Philippines' National Bureau of Investigation (NBI).

But, of course, I can't. Aside from physical, medical, and even psychological tests that I have
no certainty of passing, I am an ultimate klutz. Like the one who breaks a glass that innocently sits on the center of a table. Or the one who trips on her own feet. Talk about
silent-following-slash-spying on people without giving yourself out.



4. Pilot. Okay, a woman pilot. Or whatever you call a woman who flies a plane. Yes, I wanna
be like one. I can just imagine controls and levers and radio calls. There would be the sky
and the clouds. I get to fly, if only imitatively.

And yet, Philippine Airlines (PAL) and I guess all other airlines here and abroad, require
their pilots to be of at least 5'4'' in height and to have 20/20 vision. Which is totally
understandable. But if I may just say, I'm not even reaching 5 ft. nor do I have perfect
eyesight (I wear glasses, however occasionally). So flies that option.




5. Ballet Dancer. I am not honestly sure if this qualifies as a job. But nonetheless. *stubborn chin* I would love to perform ballet routines. So elegant, so soft, so beautiful.

"I don't dance. . . . At all. As in I can't." Or something like that, as Landon
Carter put it. Same goes for me. As in I can't. No need to elaborate.






Maybe life would be different for me if I get to be just one of these. Maybe days would be more exciting. Maybe my perspective would be changed.

Nevertheless, no regrets as to what I am now. Or what I would be, as my background would allow. That's one cliche I live by. For everything has and happens for a reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment