6.14.2010

Project #1

My friend and I talked last night, briefly, about Ebook readers. Well, about books first--particularly the Harry Potter series--and then on to Ebook readers.

As it is, we share the same love for reading albeit the difference of genres we enjoy. Hence, the attraction of owning an Ebook reader. We've mentioned the Kindle, like that of Sharon Cuneta's.

I Googled it, needless to say. Now, I'm no tech-savvy or a gadget enthusiast. Thus, I'm only going to reiterate points I'm attracted to from this website.

The Amazon Kindle (Source)

10.2 oz, a little over 1/3" thick, stores up to 1500 from a wide selection of 340,000 books, and a long battery life. The price: $259.

That's real mucho, considering that in Philippine peso it amounts to somewhere more than
10, 000.00. But then again, for 1, 500 books anywhere and anytime. I guess that's not too much to pay after all.

I also found another reader, the Barnes & Noble Nook.



The Barnes & Noble Nook (Photo source)

7.7 x 4.9", 0.5" thick, 12.1 oz, stores up to 1, 500 books, with expandable microSD slot. The device also allows for audio books. The price: $259.

I guess Ebook readers run along that price. For more than a thousand books, I can honestly say either of the two are worth spending on.

But of course, $259 does not come easily. Thus, I have to work hard for it.

Christmas 2010 project #1: An Ebook reader. Fair, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment