6.22.2010

Killed

1. By Aguinaldo Highway and EDSA's superbly heavy traffic.
Had a 9am interview at Ortigas. Left 'round 7 (fine, I live in Cavite so I should've went out earlier) and was met by rows and rows of vehicles. The result: I was 30 minutes late. The upside: other applicants came in later.

2. By the applicants' exam.
And I mean it when I say killed. It was just so damn long. First part was not really the exam proper; it was the information sheet where you put everything they would ask you in the FTF interview (which means I wouldn't be surprised if they ask me the same things that are in there.

Second part was a complete-the-phrase-with-the-first-thing-that-comes-to-your-mind "exam". Phrases like "I get upset when", and "My greatest mistake was", and "I feel depressed when", and "The future is". You get the idea.

Third part was a PR exam. As in writing a welcome letter to clients, coming up with a Christmas-offering press release, and lay-outing a poster.

Needless to say, my hands are killed. So is my brain.

3. By afternoon interviewer's rescheduling.
Because I was really looking forward to that interview. End of story.

4. By MRT-Shaw Blvd.'s 100 steps EACH for going up and coming down sides.
I hate walking lengths. And climbing heights. Come on, give my heart a break MRT people. Why won't your elevator work, for the world's sake?

5. By bus-lunch.
Because I was really hungry and yet as frustrated for having been rescheduled. I ate. Starch and fats. Boo.

And yes, I'm ranting.

4 comments:

  1. RYOOOOO. Is ortigas farther for you than makati? I wouldn't dare apply sa Ortigas coz it's too far. Haha. Which is more effective for you (based on the call backs you've had so far) legwork or online applications?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ortigas is farther. But it's more, er, peaceful (?) in there. Haha. Not as many people as there are in Makati.

    Online apps are more effective for me. I've had 6 interviews already and all of them were at companies I applied to online. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: applicant's exam. Complete the phrase? Ngayon ko lang narinig yan. Parang weird naman. HAHA

    Hey! You linked me na! HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, ngayon ko lang din yan na-encounter. Personality test whatever yata. Haha.

    Did, too. And you linked both my blogs as well :)

    ReplyDelete