7.20.2010

"Takaw-ulan"

1. Was my interview with Company X yesterday. That's because I was supposed to have that interview last July 13. But of course I had to welcome Bashang first, which meant I had to ask for another schedule. They gave me the day after, July 14. Still, after what good ol' B did the night before, I couldn't leave Cavite if my life took a turn for it. Thank you. Then I thought I lost the whole op already, given that nobody replied to my second "I'm sorry I can't come" SMS. Yet, as if the odds were put on hold while B was devastating the week off, Company X texted again telling me I got a new schedule: July 19. Gladly, I went. Only to be met by a whole new stormy weather. Luckily, the rain poured after the meeting (which, by the way, was more of the what's-Orcom interview--as if it's the course that's applying for a position and not me). So far so good, huh? It's literally raining down on me.

2. Was the Tuesday (read: today's) laundry. And all days' laundry for that matter. I did understand that there's an LPA, which they told me progressed into a C-named storm already. But for the love of everything motherly, my mom wanted me to do the laundry. (STILL!) So fine, into the washing machine and out to the clothes' rack. And then it rained. And for the love of everything panicky, I had to get all dripping clothes back into the house. Must I still say what happened next? Mop the floor, mope the day. Now our house's floor is all wet. And the whole place smells of fabric conditioner.

3. Was July. Is. According to Kuya Kim Atienza, the supposed Ernie Baron successor, July always sees two storms off. Which means that, as and if we've had two already, July is coming to an end. Oh Good. As the seventh month dies, I'm still work-less. (Hello, Paula.)

Takaw-ulan it is. Heave a huge sigh here. Note: the term is, as far as I know, non-existent in your average Pinoy dictio. I just use it for all intents and purposes of adjective-describing existences.

No comments:

Post a Comment