2.15.2011

And today

Okay, first things first. I apologize for the rude words in the previous post. But I wouldn't take them back; I am entitled to cussing and cursing here, please understand.

Today, I went to another BIR RDO to apply for a TIN. It's one of the requirements I need to meet for the company I'm to work with soon. So I woke up real early because government offices are known for nasty long lines so at least I wanna save myself some waiting time.

But here's the catch: I still wasn't given my TIN. The bespectacled, eyebrow-raising, cold-voiced lady said I needed to attach a copy of either my company ID or certificate of employment. Which can't be, because in order for me to get those, I would need a TIN. Like, hello, neither party would budge so now what?

I explained patiently, and if you know me you'd know it takes a huge effort for me to be patient, that I couldn't possibly get hold of the documents without the TIN. But she wouldn't hear me out. Now, I am not sure I'm 100% on the right side here, maybe I'm missing out on something. It's just annoying that I've been wasting time going to and from offices for a set of numbers.

I am so trying one last option and if that doesn't work still, the president forbid, but I might actually break that law against fixers. Which I'm doing my best to not do.

And while we're on this, let me just say something. You need to know how you could get a government stuff, like TIN. In this new age of technology, you are given an easy option: Google-ing the procedure. And since you trust Mr. Google more than some bespectacled, eyebrow-raising, cold-voiced lady for information, you access the government agency's site. And poof, there's the step-by-step procedure that you need.

But then, upon arriving to the government office to enact all those steps, you realize that the procedure on the website is not exactly the same as what you need to do as told by them harried employees.

Which makes me think, if these employees keep on irritating the public, how on earth are they gonna persuade the people to not go for fixers?

I am not saying going to fixers is right, just that at some point it's actually understandable. So, a mighty "Hey!" to those in authorities. Customer relations is actually a good field to explore.

In the end, I still am doing my best to remain law-abiding. Which means, Ms. Bespectacled, Eyebrow-raising, Cold-voiced Lady, help me get my TIN.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. This is crazy. Tell the hag that you just need your employer information and signature, and that's it! Screw her! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, Nasha. I have that. I. Have. That. Seriously?! Screw her!

    ReplyDelete