1.07.2012

For the next 12 months . . .

Because I admit to the fact that I cannot as of the moment make a decent 2011 year-ender post, I am settling instead on the idea of compiling a good set of New Year's resolutions.

Well, I would not want to brand these as resolutions. Instead, I would like to call them little goals that I'd like to accomplish within the next 12 months. I want them because I'd like to have something I can look forward to this year. Now, I may not exactly go out of my way to be able to achieve them so I'm just trying my best to be hopeful that by the end of the year, I would look back at this post with a smile on my face because I have done lots of my plans.

Here they are:

(photo from prettybooks.tumblr.com)

1. Finish the 2011 50 Book Challenge. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the 50 books I have listed last year. So, I'm carrying over the challenge to 2012 and hoping I could add more to it.

2. Buy lots of new books! This is a given goal, considering #1 and the fact that I don't know of a better hobby.

(photo from Live.Like.You)

3. Re-stock my closet with new clothes. I'm sort of growing tired of all my shirts and blouses already, I think it's time I look for new stuffs to wear. And new colors to like.

4. Invest in shoes. Right now, I'm trying to diminish the number of slippers/flip-flops I have and replacing them with flats and sandals and even wedges and heels. Shoes are a difficult find for me, so I guess I should always have extra funds for when I see a pair that is good enough and that fits me well.

5. Learn how to drive. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Angge, you know why I'm laughing that hard. But seriously, I'd like to be able to upgrade the level of my independence by being a road-pro. And to save myself the hassle of commuting through Aguinaldo Highway!

6. Get a new job. 'Nuff said.


7. Get a lower digit on a weighing scale. Bleh.

8. Travel. Locally, that is (since I don't think I'd get a good go signal for travels abroad yet). I'm dying to see the Underground River in Palawan and several places in Cebu. Please, help me convince my parents that traveling is a good form of family bonding. (So I won't have to spend much. Haha!)

9. Start writing. Decently and diligently. It's a known fact that I want to be able to come up with my own novel someday. And I know it's a superbly tall order. But I'd like to start if I can. I hope I can.

10. Learn how to cook highly edible stuffs other than hotdogs and tocino. I'm not aiming to be an almost-chef, you-can-start-your-own-resto cook. I just want to be able to make myself a good-tasting adobo when I'm all alone at home.


11. Redecorate our bedroom. Actually, my siblings and I don't have a bedroom. We just have "that space you see when you come up the stairs". I'd like to clean it up and install new furniture and possibly make it homier for all three of us.

12. Learn new small stuffs. Like braiding/cutting my own hair or sewing the holes in my shirts. It's always fun to be able to do little things you've never really taken time to learn before but would actually make life easier for you.

13. Watch a lot of movies... In the cinemas. The Hunger Games, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Snow White and the Huntsman, Tangled (Part 2), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, these are just some of the good films I'm looking forward to this year. And I hope to catch them at the big screen. And lots of indies, too.

14. Blog more often! I'm thinking of putting up a 365-day challenge for my blogs this year, but I'm afraid I couldn't live up to that. So, instead I'm just making a resolution to post at least a couple of stuffs every week--in every blog.

(Fiona, who's taking this photo at that time, is represented by Saab. Haha!)

15. See my friends more often. 2011 has been a great bonding-with-friends time, with our new "tradition" of getting together for each of our birthday celebrations. And I hope to be able to do more of that this year. The same goes for my high school friends, who are more far away from me than I thought they are.

16. Start a collection. I don't know what kind of things I'd like to collect yet, but I want to have stuffs other than my books that I could really call mine. I'm thinking of snow globes, but they're highly breakable. Oh well, I swear I'd think of one. And start collecting!

17. Do something out of the ordinary. Like be in a road trip without an actual destination, or ride a hot-air balloon (lifted out of one of Paula's tweets, this one), or probably post/send a fan mail to one of my favorite authors. Just something I'd like to be able to laugh myself at when I remember a few more years from now.

18. Find something to smile about EVERYDAY. Haha! I know, you're already raising your brows in a yeah-right-you-will fashion. But with the very stressful place I work at and the everyday rants I hear around me, c'mon, I'd like to keep my sanity.

19. Finish watching all the concluded Grey's Anatomy seasons. Fiona, help please? Hahaha!

Okay, so that's all for now. I think I've got most of the thoughts I have covered. I'll edit again when something comes to mind, which I think would be sooner than later. Haha!


P.S. If you're a friend, you know very well how difficult it would be for me to complete this list. So help would be very much appreciated. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment