9.16.2010

This goes to two important people:

It was nice seeing you again, talking to you again, and making fun of your tardiness again. C'mon, who on earth eat lunch with their friends at the exact time they're supposed to start class? I know that's partly my fault. But that's mostly yours, too. We've agreed to meet up at 11, an hour before your first class and you showed up at 12. Nevertheless, it's fine. I've missed classes more than you do, I admit.

Thank you for my cheeseburger, which (you didn't tell me, mygod you could've complained) you had to buy from one side of the university and you had to walk with to the other side. And thank you for not making me pay. Ha!

I promise to help you with your thesis. Editing and all. :)

I miss you more. And definitely, I love you more.

----------------------------

Today is my third day here. And my second to the last. And I haven't seen you.

Fine, the place is so darn big even news don't travel around it fire-like fast. But you're in the area where two of my friends are. And you know them. And . . . I don't even know why I'm even thinking that maybe, just maybe, you know I'm here. And that you'll come to say hi.

Alright, fine, okay. I'm not supposed to be thinking along these lines.

But suppose you know. Suppose you're just around, watching from afar like you always do, making sure I'm okay. Suppose you're still like that. Then what?

Nothing. I guess that will only make me sad again. Because there you'll be. Far, never coming closer. Like you'll always be. Like you've been for some time now.

But wait. I am not supposed to be talking, or even thinking about, this. I am not supposed to. But I guess knowing you're nearer than you can ever possibly be changes things a bit. When you're nearer yet still and even farther and all I want is a glimpse of how happy you already are now.

Tomorrow, hopefully. Or not. I don't really know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment